Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

19/20 week belly & ultrasound

well, i have kind of fallen off of the whole baby dos update wagon.

here are some recent thoughts:
- hello belly! looking at pictures of myself, makes me feel a little dramatic - but i swear my belly is huge.
maybe it's because my daily view is this:
 last pregnancy, sharsti and i would always joke about how our bodies were turning into the grinch's:
ha, i can't help but make a grinch face and chuckle when i slather on noni butter each night...

- i was getting super anxious for our anatomy scan.
a friend of mine recently lost her baby, and i hadn't felt baby dos as much as i remember feeling c at this point.
 i was worried there was something wrong. 
would this baby have heart issues too? is it really a boy?
well, the morning finally came (turning 20 weeks over thanksgiving meant we had to wait until after the break for our appointment).
wednesday, november 28 (ali's 22 bday).
i dropped cal off at kimmy's and met josh at valley's provo office.
it felt like we waited forever to be called back.
our ultrasound lady was fantastic!
she was great about explaining everything she was doing, and what we were seeing.
he is definitely a boy (wahoo!),
and everything looked 100% perfect.
he measured exactly on track except for his head was a little small.
the tech had been an neonatal echo person (??) before working there, so she did a really in-depth exam of his heart and it looked great.
also, the placenta is running along the front of my stomach - which is why i haven't felt him as much as i did with cal.
anyways, she took lots of pictures and we went away floating and very much in love.


- he has become much more real since then, and we are so so excited. josh has felt him kick a few times, and we are still thinking his name is porter. yay? nay?
love this site
- since c and p will be close to the same seasons/sizes, i haven't felt a need to buy anything. 
so, i am going to sew a quilt - 
maybe this one:
via
 or this one (in more boyish colors):
via
or both.
and there are a few things i need to look into and get:
 double stroller (suggestions?)
diaper genie (two in diapers = too many trips outside to the trash can - go ahead, call me lazy)
video monitor (mostly for when we move c into a toddler bed and p into the crib)

well, my eyelids are heavy, and baby p is kicking which means it must be time for bed.
 hopefully, it won't be long until the next update.

4 comments:

Kendra Anderson said...

Awe!!! Porter asay !!!! Cute. I love both quilts too! Hard to decide. Maybe the first one? Also you look amazing! Just a doll. I laughed SO HARD when you said a "grinch" body. Lol! And I totally agree with 2 diaper things. Its not always convenient to go outside every 5 seconds with little ones. I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Love your bump! I also laughed so hard at the grinch comment. Awesome.

The Nicholsons said...

You are so cute Whitney! I am glad that everything went well with your ultrasound. For me, it felt like I was so naive with my first pregnancy and then with the second, I knew so much more and it made me worry a lot more as well. It is so nice to get answers! Anyways, your belly is adorable and I am really liking the name Porter- super cute! Congrats again on your pregnancy. :)

Aubrey Antis said...

Love the name Porter :-) It's getting popular tho! I love that you went with a family name first time round'. So happy for you guys!